Employee assessments are performance appraisals or reviews used to evaluate employees' performance and productivity.
Employee assessments definition
Employee assessments are performance appraisals or reviews used to evaluate employees' performance and productivity. These tests assess personality, aptitude and skills.
Employee assessments are usually done for compensation review, performance improvement, promotions, terminations etc.
How to measure employee assessments
Human resource management conducts employee assessments in order to improve their performance and to monitor what the employee is doing according to what he/she is expected to do.
1. 360 degree feedback: multiple evaluation process which includes assessments from superiors, peers and ones' self
2. SWOT analysis: evaluating strengths and weaknesses of an employee
3. Performance intervju: last stepo f the evaluation process
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Passive Job Searching
- Workforce Planning
- Social Currency (online)
- Social Recruiting
- Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scale (BARS)
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Sensitivity Training
- Managed Care
- Knockout Question
- Compensatory Time-Off plan
- Employment History
- Change Management
Pros and Cons of Hiring Full-time, Part-time and Freelance Employees
How to Post a Job on Facebook?
8 Recruitment Strategies to Attract the Best Talent
20 Benefits of Collaborative Recruiting