Skills gap refers to the difference between the skills required for a job and the skills employee actually possesses. Because of skills gap employee might not be able to perform the complete job.
Skills gap definition
Skills gap refers to the difference between the skills required for a job and the skills employers actually possesses. Because of skills gap employee might not be able to perform the complete job.
Benefits of Skill gap analysis
Identifying skill gaps benefits companies as it ensures that the workforce is well trained, knowledgeable and better equipped to perform the job. Skill gaps are identified through the process of skill gap analysis.
• Helps to improve and define an individual's skills the company needs.
• Points to the critical skills employees need to work on.
• Helps in the recruiting process as it defines the need for skills or interests which current employees don’t possess.
Skills gap solutions
• Better training of employees
• Giving the employees better resources which will help them improve their knowledge
• Hiring a third party with the required skill to execute the job
• Recruiting better-skilled employees
Explore More Terms & Definitions
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?