Skills gap refers to the difference between the skills required for a job and the skills employee actually possesses. Because of skills gap employee might not be able to perform the complete job.
Skills gap definition
Skills gap refers to the difference between the skills required for a job and the skills employers actually possesses. Because of skills gap employee might not be able to perform the complete job.
Benefits of Skill gap analysis
Identifying skill gaps benefits companies as it ensures that the workforce is well trained, knowledgeable and better equipped to perform the job. Skill gaps are identified through the process of skill gap analysis.
• Helps to improve and define an individual's skills the company needs.
• Points to the critical skills employees need to work on.
• Helps in the recruiting process as it defines the need for skills or interests which current employees don’t possess.
Skills gap solutions
• Better training of employees
• Giving the employees better resources which will help them improve their knowledge
• Hiring a third party with the required skill to execute the job
• Recruiting better-skilled employees
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Hiring Period
- Defined Benefit Plan
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefits (SUB)
- Functional Resume
- Group Interview
- Change Management
- CAN-SPAM Act (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act)
- Business Casual Attire
- Applicant Pool
- Job Seeker
- Flexible Spending Account(FSA)
- Gag clause
- Dimensions of diversity
- Core competencies
7 Steps to Build a Social Media Recruitment Strategy
11 Similarities Between Recruiters and Marketers
[GUIDE] How to Successfully Hire for a Startup
Employer Branding at Continental: Interview with Ally Brown
Culture & People