What is Assessment centre?
An assessment center is a method that many organizations use to identify management potential and determine candidate's suitability for higher functional positions.
Assessment center definition
An assessment center is a method that many organizations use to identify management potential and determine candidate's suitability for higher functional positions. It is often used in manager development process as a tool to evaluate candidates' personality traits and abilities.
The process is done under standardized conditions and puts candidates through a combination of group and individual exercises which simulate the conditions of a given job. The assessors judge candidate’s behavior which can then serve as the basis for valuable predictions of a candidate’s potential.
Benefits of assessment centers
• They focus more on measuring job-related behaviors and skills.
• They have a potential to measure broader range of skills and knowledge than traditional tests and interviews.
• They are standardized and provide equal treatment in candidate assessment.
• They provide no discrimination of any kind regardless of gender, race or age.
• They are a great learning opportunity for both the candidate and the assessor.
• They rate candidates more accurately.