Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, evaluate, control, and manage one's emotions and the emotions of others.
Emotional intelligence definition
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, evaluate, control, and manage one's emotions and the emotions of others. It also measures how a person handles interpersonal relationships.
Types of emotional intelligence
- Ability EI: generally measured by using maximum performance tests such as IQ tests
- Trait EI: self-measured and seen as correlating with personality
Emotional intelligence measurement methods
1. Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI)
2. Seligman Attributional Style Questionnaire (SASQ)
3. Multi factor Emotional Intelligence Scale (MEIS)
Explore More Terms & Definitions
Top 20 Recruitment Challenges to Tackle in 2020
Mobile Recruitment: Smart Recruiting Through Smartphones
Recruitment Marketing and Talent CRM: Tools for Ambitious HR Teams
Culture & People
12 Most Popular Hard Work Quotes