Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, evaluate, control, and manage one's emotions and the emotions of others.
Emotional intelligence definition
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, evaluate, control, and manage one's emotions and the emotions of others. It also measures how a person handles interpersonal relationships.
Types of emotional intelligence
- Ability EI: generally measured by using maximum performance tests such as IQ tests
- Trait EI: self-measured and seen as correlating with personality
Emotional intelligence measurement methods
1. Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI)
2. Seligman Attributional Style Questionnaire (SASQ)
3. Multi factor Emotional Intelligence Scale (MEIS)
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Probationary Arrangement
- Flexible Spending Account(FSA)
- Due diligence
- Behavioral Risk Management
- Talent Pipeline
- Personality tests – psychometric testing
- Individual employment agreement
- Action-reflection learning (ARL)
- Mission Statement
- Industrial relation
- Blended workforce
- Tangible rewards
- Benefits (benefits package)
- Nondisclosure Agreement
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?