Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, evaluate, control, and manage one's emotions and the emotions of others.
Emotional intelligence definition
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, evaluate, control, and manage one's emotions and the emotions of others. It also measures how a person handles interpersonal relationships.
Types of emotional intelligence
- Ability EI: generally measured by using maximum performance tests such as IQ tests
- Trait EI: self-measured and seen as correlating with personality
Emotional intelligence measurement methods
1. Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI)
2. Seligman Attributional Style Questionnaire (SASQ)
3. Multi factor Emotional Intelligence Scale (MEIS)
Explore More Terms & Definitions
11 Similarities Between Recruiters and Marketers
[GUIDE] How to Successfully Hire for a Startup
Employer Branding at Continental: Interview with Ally Brown
Culture & People
5 Tips to Ensure Your Remote Employees are Productive