Hiring manager refers to a person in the company responsible for hiring employees to fill an open position.
Hiring manager definition
Hiring manager refers to a person in the company responsible for hiring employees to fill an open position. Generally it's a person from the department in which the employee needs to be hired and acts as the future employee’s direct superior.
Hiring managers work alongside recruiters and HR managers where they oversee the selection and hiring of new talent. Their main goal is to ensure that the candidate with the best qualifications and characteristics is selected and hired.
Hiring manager's job description
• Identifying the staffing requirement for a replacement or new position.
• Getting approval from the department executive to open a job requisition for that requirement.
• Planning the hire.
• Writing an accurate and effective job description to attract the best candidates.
• Defining roles and responsibilities for the hiring team as well as setting expectations for the interview process.
• Posting the job and screening incoming resumes.
• Setting up interviews and conducting post-interview assessments.
• Owning the final hiring decision, pending executive approval, and effectively managing the hiring team throughout the recruiting process.
• Determining details of the position and extending the job offer.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Yield ratio
- Disease Management
- Behavioral-Based Interview
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Human Capital
- Employee Referral
- Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
- Learning Management Software and Systems
- Organizational Development
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefits (SUB)
- Developmental counseling
- On the Spot Interview
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
- Blind Engagement
- Core competencies
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?