Culture & People
Training and development refer to educational activities within a company created to enhance the knowledge and skills of employees while providing information and instruction on how to better perform specific tasks.
Training and development definition
Training and developmentrefers to educational activities within a company created to enhance the knowledge and skills of employees while providing information and instruction on how to better perform specific tasks.
Difference between training and development
Training is a short-term reactive process meant for operatives and process while development is designed continuous pro-active process meant for executives. In training employees' aim is to develop additional skills and in development, it is to develop a total personality.
In training, the initiative is taken by the management with the objective of meeting the present need o fan employee. In development, initiative is taken by the individual with the objective to meet the future need o fan employee.
Importance of training and development
• Offers optimum utilization of Human resources
• Enhances skill development
• Increases productivity
• Improves organizational culture
• Improve quality and safety
• Increase profitability
• Improves the company's morale and corporate image
Advantages and disadvantages of training and development
1. Helps employees develop new skills and increases their knowledge.
2. Improves efficiency and productivity of individuals and teams.
3. Creates new and improved job positions.
4. Keeps employees motivated and enhance contribution levels.
1. It is a relatively expensive process.
2. There is a risk that after the training and development session, the employee can quit the job.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
How to Find and Hire a Full Stack Developer?
TalentLyft’s New Indeed Integration Boosts Job Visibility and Analytics
Best of HR Blogs: June 2019
How to Assess Candidates in a Job Interview?