Performance planning refers to a company's formal process of identifying and planning either individual's or organisation's goals and the best way to reach them.
Performance planning definition
Performance planning refers to a company's formal process of identfying and planning either individual's or organisation's goals and the best way to reach them.
The planning is done by both but the employer and employee through a proper plan called development plan.
Performance planning process
1. Performance planning
2. Performance monitorng
3. Development plans
4. Performance rating
5. Rewards and feedback
Performance planning objectives
• To come to agreement on the individual’s/department's job responsibilities.
• To clarify the goals and objectives that needs to be achieved.
• To identify the competencies required for doing the job.
• To create an appropriate performance and career development plan for the individual/department/company.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Blue collar workers
- Talent Relationship Management
- Executive Search
- Time to Fill
- Mean wage
- Behavioral Risk Management
- Enterprise Compensation Management (ECM)
- Aptitude and ability tests
- HR Audit
- Piece Rate
- Job Advertisement
- Competency-Based Pay
- Equity theory
- Career Summary
- Business continuity planning