Line Cook job profile
Line Cook is a professional cook whose job is to produce all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes and techniques of the company.
In order to attract Line Cook that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Line Cook job description.
Line Cook job description
Are you an experienced, talented Line Cooks with a passion for culinary adventures?
We are looking for a passionate Line Cook to become a part of our small dream cuisine team. Our mission is to bring elaborate new (x) cuisine in a (x) setting in (x) city.
Join us and help deliver our delicious recipes and provide extraordinary dining experience that keeps our guests coming back for more!
Line Cook duties and responsibilities
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags.
- Processes prepared foods for service using ovens, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers
- Assure that each item is cooked to the Chef and guest’s specifications
- Garnish each dish properly
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top griddles and refrigeration equipment both during and after service
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for quality, food safety/sanitation and timeliness of products served
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management staff
Line Cook qualifications and requirements
- Previous experience working as a Line Cook for (x) year(s)
- Culinary school diploma
- In depth knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
Use this Line Cook job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards