Use this sample of employee satisfaction survey questions to understand your employees’ needs and motivation better. Employee satisfaction surveys are essential for improving your company’s performance and employee retention rate.
How to implement employee satisfaction surveys?
Employee satisfaction survey questions are crucial for improving employees performance and reducing company’s turnover rate.
Every company should implement employee satisfaction surveys at least once or twice a year. In general, employee satisfaction surveys are anonymous in order for employees to be completely honest.
Employee satisfaction surveys can really help you understand what are the bottlenecks in your company.
Employee satisfaction surveys are done in firms of various sizes, from startups to corporations.
Sample of Employee satisfaction survey questions
Here is a sample of common employees satisfaction survey questions. We have listed 3 types of employee satisfaction survey questions: 5-answer Likert scale, 1-10 scale and open survey questions
5-answer Likert scale employee satisfaction survey questions
Employee satisfaction survey intro
Every employee satisfaction survey should contain an appropriate introduction which should precede employee satisfaction survey questions:
This employee satisfaction survey intro should look like this:
Please take a few minutes to tell us about how do you feel about your current job position and company. Choose one of the answers from the scale (Strongly Disagree, Somewhat Disagree, Neither Agree Nor Disagree, Somewhat Agree, Strongly Agree)
5-scale Employee satisfaction survey questionsHere are some of the most popular 5-scale employee satisfaction survey questions:
- I always strive to find better ways of doing things
- When I do something successfully, it feels like a personal accomplishment
- I have all the resources I need to do my job successfully
- My goals are clearly defined
- My supervisors does a great job informing us about things that affect our work
- At my job, I am able to use my skills and abilities
- Management always demonstrates a commitment to quality
- Management always encourages other to a commitment to quality
- I am involved in decision making that affects my work
- I would like to be more involved in decision making that affects my work
- I have opportunities to express myself
- I have opportunities to recommend new ideas and solutions
- I have a clear understanding about my career path and promotion plan
- I am happy with my career path and promotion plan
- I feel like my work is always recognized
- I feel like I get rewarded for good work
- Considering everything, I am satisfied with my job
- I am satisfied with the opportunity I have to grow within the company
- I feel like my work is valued
Open employee satisfaction survey questions
Here are some of the most popular open employee satisfaction survey questions:
- What changes in [company name] would make you more satisfied with your job?
- What are the top 3 things you value the most about [company name]?
- Are there any other issues not mentioned in this survey you would like us to address?
- Have you ever recommended [company name] to someone? Why?
1 to 10 scale employee satisfaction survey questions
Here are some of the most popular 1-10 scale employee satisfaction survey questions:
- On scale 1 to 10, how would you rate your work-life balance
- On scale 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with your current job?
- On scale 1 to 10, how likely are you to recommend [company name] as an employer?
- On scale 1 to 10, how valued do you feel at work?
Looking for more Human Resources survey questions like these employee satisfaction survey questions?Check out our library of free Human Resources survey question samples.
Mobile Recruitment: Smart Recruiting Through Smartphones
Recruitment Marketing and Talent CRM: Tools for Ambitious HR Teams
Culture & People
12 Most Popular Hard Work Quotes
Employee Verification Letters: Everything You Need to Know