Culture & People
Use this sample of employee exit survey questions to understand the reason why your employees are leaving the company. Employee exit survey questions are essential for improving your company’s performance, satisfaction and employee retention rate.
How to implement Employee exit surveys?
Employee exit survey questions are crucial for improving employees performance, satisfaction, and reducing company’s turnover rate.
Every company should implement Employee exit surveys every time an employee is exiting the company.
This type of employee surveys can really help you understand what are the bottlenecks in your company's HR department.
Employee exit surveys are done in firms of various sizes, from startups to corporations.
Sample of employee exit survey questions
There are many different types of employee exit survey questions, such as 5-answer Likert scale, 1-10 scale, and open survey questions . However, in order to better understand what was the main reason for the employer leaving, it is a good idea to ask open questions so that employees can express themselves better.
Open employee exit survey questions
- What were the reasons why you started looking for a different job?
- Did you talk about your concerns before you decided to leave?
- Who have you talked to about your concerns?
- What was their response to your concern?
- What did the new company offer that made you accept the offer and leave?
- What would we have to change for you to decide to stay?
- What did you like the most about your job?
- What didn't you like about your job?
- Did you have a clear idea about what was expected from you at this job?
- Did you feel like you had all the tools and resources to perform your job successfully?
Looking for more Human Resources survey questions? Check out our library of free Human Resources survey question samples.