Sample of Employee onboarding survey questions
Use this sample of employee onboarding survey questions to gather feedback on your onboarding process from your new employees. Employee onboarding surveys are essential for improving your company’s onboarding process and ensuring the best possible performance, satisfaction and employee retention rate.
➡️ Download The Ultimate Candidate Interview & Employee Onboarding Checklist!
How to implement Employee onboarding surveys?
Employee onboarding survey questions are crucial for improving your company’s onboarding process and retention rate, as well as your new employee’s productivity and satisfaction.
Every company should implement Employee onboarding surveys at the end of the first, third and sixth month of the new employee’s time at your company.
This type of employee surveys can really help you understand what are the bottlenecks in your company's onboarding process and help you successfully onboard new employees.
Employee onboarding surveys are done in companies of various sizes, from startups to corporations.
A sample of employee onboarding survey questions
There are many different types of employee onboarding survey questions, such as 5-answer Likert scale, 1-10 scale, and open survey questions.
However, in order to better understand what was the main reason for the employer leaving, it is a good idea to ask open questions so that employees can express themselves better.
Open employee onboarding survey questions
- Do you have a clear idea about what is expected of you at this job?
- Is the job what you expected it to be?
- Do you feel like you have all the tools and resources to perform your job successfully?
- What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced so far?
- What can we do to help you do your job even better?
- What could we change or add to improve our onboarding process?
- What do you like the most about our onboarding process?
- Is there something that you don’t like about our onboarding process?
1 to 10 scale employee onboarding survey questions
- On scale 1 to 10, how would you rate your onboarding experience?
- On scale 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with your job so far?
- On scale 1 to 10, how well do you think you fit in [company name] company culture?
- On scale 1 to 10, how valued do you feel at work?
- On a scale 1 to 10, how welcome do you feel in [company name]?
- On a scale 1 to 10, how welcome do you feel in your team?
5-answer Likert scale employee satisfaction survey questions
Please take a few minutes to tell us how you feel about your current job position and company.
Choose one of the answers from the scale (1 - Strongly Disagree, 2 - Somewhat Disagree, 3 - Neither Agree Nor Disagree, 4 - Somewhat Agree, 5 - Strongly Agree)
- I have all the resources I need to do my job successfully .
- My goals are clearly defined .
- I have a clear understanding of my career path and promotion plan .
- I am happy with my career path and promotion plan .
- So far, I am satisfied with my job .
- I feel welcomed by my team .
- I feel welcomed at [company name] .
- I feel like I fit in [company name] company culture .
- Overall, I am satisfied with the onboarding process.
Looking for more Human Resources survey questions?
Check out our library of free Human Resources survey question samples.