Use this sample of employee retention survey questions to understand your employees’ needs and motivation better. Employee retention surveys are essential for improving your company’s performance and employee retention rate.
How to implement employee retention surveys?
Employee retention survey questions are crucial for improving employees performance and reducing company’s turnover rate.
Every company should implement employee retention surveys at least once or twice a year. In general, these surveys are anonymous in order for employees to be completely honest.
This type of employee surveys can really help you understand what are the bottlenecks in your company.
Employee retention surveys are done in firms of various sizes, from startups to corporations.
Sample of Employee retention survey questions
Here is a sample of common employees retention survey questions. We have listed 3 types of survey questions: 5-answer Likert scale, 1-10 scale and open survey questions
5-answer Likert scale employee retention survey questions
- I feel like I am able to to reach my full potential at [company name]
- I feel comfortable working with my teammates
- I feel like I always get feedback
- I have a clear understanding about my career path and promotion plan
- I am happy with my career path and promotion plan
- I would apply for this job again
- I like going to work
- I feel like my feedback is valued
- I feel like my work is valued
- I can see myself working here in a year
Open employee retention survey questions
- If you had to do it all over again, would you apply to this position? Why?
- Do you have a clear understanding about your career path and promotion plan at [company name]? If so, are you happy about it?
- Do you see yourself working at [company name] in a year? Why?
- What changes would made you sure about staying with [company name]?
- Do you feel like you are reaching your full potential with this position? If not, what would make you feel that way?
1 to 10 scale employee retention survey questions
- From 1 to 10, how likely are you to stay with [company name] for another year?
- From 1 to 10, how well do you understand your career path and promotion plan at [company name]?
- From 1 to 10, how likely would you be to apply to this position again?
- From 1 to 10, how happy are you about your teammates?
- From 1 to 10, how happy are you about your supervisors?
- From 1 to 10, do you feel like you are reaching your full potential with this position?
Looking for more Human Resources survey questions? Check out our library of free Human Resources survey question samples.
Mobile Recruitment: Smart Recruiting Through Smartphones
Recruitment Marketing and Talent CRM: Tools for Ambitious HR Teams
Culture & People
12 Most Popular Hard Work Quotes
Employee Verification Letters: Everything You Need to Know