Teambuilding refers to a process of establishing and developing sense of cooperation between employees and building mutual trust.
Teambuilding refers to a process of establishing and developing a sense of cooperation between employees and building mutual trust.
Generally in a form of a training program designed to encourage employees to view themselves as members of interdependent teams instead of as individual workers.
The main goal of teambuilding is to make people see, understand and believe that thinking, planning and decision making are better when done cooperatively.
Reasons for teambuilding
• Networking, socializing and getting to know each other better.
• Teamwork and boosting team performance.
• Competition, team spirit, fun and motivation.
• Collaboration and the fostering of innovation and creativity.
• Communication and working better together.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Distributive bargaining
- Talent Pipeline
- Replacement charts
- Request for proposal (RFP)
- Contract Recruiter
- De minimis rule
- Executive Search
- Aptitude testing
- Employment History
- Human Capital Management
- Full-time equivalent (FTE)
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
- Succession Planning