Workplace bullying is a term referred to repeated, health-harming mistreatment of one or more persons (the targets) by one or more perpetrators.
Workplace bullying is a term referred to repeated, health-harming mistreatment of one or more persons (the targets) by one or more perpetrators. It is a persistent pattern of mistreatment from others in the workplace that causes either physical or emotional harm.
In most cases, bullying in the workplace is done by someone who has authority over their victim.
Bullying generally includes:
1. Threatening, humiliating or intimidating a person
2. Work interference aka sabotage
3. Verbal abuse
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Blind Engagement
- Blue Collar Workers
- Boolean Search in Recruitment
- Geographical Differential
- Casual Employment
- I-9 Form
- Resume Parsing
- Action-reflection learning (ARL)
- Management by Objective (MBO)
- Independent contractor
- Due diligence
- Panel Interview
- Human Resources
- Career plateau
- Reverse Mentoring