Attrition is a term often used in human resources and talent management. It is related to a process of downsizing workforce of a company. Here is a definition for attrition.
A gradual voluntary reduction of employees (through resignation and retirement) who are not then replaced, decreasing the size of the workforce.
Another related term to attrition is employee turnover. Reasons why employees leave companies can be numerous, and it is employer's job to investigate and understand the reasons.
Reasons for attrition
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Competency-Based Pay
- HR Analytics and Data-Driven Recruiting
- Full Life Cycle Recruiting
- Candidate Relationship Management (CRM)
- Candidate Experience
- Facebook Recruiting
- Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
- Resume Parsing
- Abandon rate
- Inbound Recruiting
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
- Employer Branding
- Employee Referral Program
- Abilene Paradox
- Applicant Tracking System
ATS Benefits: How ATS Improves Time, Cost and Quality of Hire
What is Recruitment Marketing Software?
Job Posting: Ultimate Guide for Posting Jobs That Stand Out
Difference between structured, unstructured and semi-structured job interviews