Massive open online course refers to online course with an open-access designed to be available to a large/unlimited number of participants.
Massive open online course definition (MOOC)
Massive open online course refers to online course with an open-access designed to be available to a large/unlimited number of participants. More and more employees resort to this type of learning in order to improve their skills or get a higher level of education.
Employers can provide employees with information about massive open online courses. Participants get the course materials such as study materials, lectures and videos.
Advantages of MOOC
• No tuition fees
• Open access
• Often includes top-level professors
• Is not location tied
• Collects data to closely monitor the success and failure of each student
One disadvantage is the low course completion rate (around 10% of the total enrolled participants).
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Virtual HR
- Cafeteria Plan
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
- Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
- Balanced Scorecard
- Social Collaboration
- Early Return to Work program
- Freedom of association
- Employee Turnover
- Administrative Services Only or A
- Flexible Spending Account(FSA)
- Job Shadowing
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?