How to send a welcome letter or email to new employee
What is a welcome letter or email to new employee?
A welcome letter or email to new hires is a document an employer sends to a new employee in order to welcome them in their new workplace, team and company.
Except giving a warm welcome to the new employee, this letter or an email also provides important information about their first day on the new job.
The importance of a welcome letter or email to new employee
Sending welcome letters to new hires is a very important step in creating a successful and effective onboarding process.
Letting new hires know that you are happy about them being part of the team will make them feel better and more secure about the new decision.
Also, providing important orientation information will help your new employee feel more relaxed and at ease about their first day on a new job.
Make sending new hire welcome emails routine! 🙂
How to use this template for a welcome letter or email to new employees?
To help you save time, we have created a standard Welcome letter or email to new hires template. Feel free to customize it to suit your needs, and send it via email or traditional mail few days before your new employee start date.
Template for a welcome letter or email to new hires
Dear [insert candidate’s name],
Welcome to [insert your company’s name]!
We are pleased to have you joining our team. Are you ready to fall in love with your new job and meet your great new [insert appropriate term: colleagues/teammates]?
I hope you are, because [insert appropriate expression: it’s going down/your first day on the new job will take place] on [insert appropriate date]. We’ll be expecting you at [insert appropriate hour] at [insert appropriate address].
We planned your first day in order to help you settle in easily. Here is an outline of what you can expect:
- First things first - a short stop for a morning coffee in our [insert appropriate place: office kitchen/coffee room/cafeteria]! :)
- Next, you will visit Human resources department to sign an employment contract, benefit forms and the rest of the necessary paperwork.
- Following, we’ll get you settled in your new office and set up your accounts, phone and computer.
- Then you will have a short onboarding presentation with our Human resources team who will introduce you to our company’s policies, culture, mission and vision, employee perks etc.
- After that, you will meet your [insert appropriate role: supervisor/team lead/ manager/etc.] who will brief you about your new position.
- During lunchtime, you will meet your new [insert appropriate term: colleagues/teammates] in a casual atmosphere.
Our dress code is [insert appropriate style: casual/formal].
If you have any questions or need additional information, we will be happy to answer. Please don’t hesitate to contact us by email [insert your email address] or phone [insert your phone number].
Once again, congratulations, we are lucky to have you join us! We look forward to meeting you on your first day.
[insert your company’s name]
Need more HR and recruiting templates like this new hire welcome emails? Check templates for Human Resources and templates for Recruiters.
Fun ideas to welcome new employees
Some employers like to use fun when welcoming their new employees. Here is an example of a fun email...
using this GIF...