Critical thinking skills interview questions are used to test and measure candidate’s ability to think autonomously, analyze and evaluate problematical situations, and understand logical connections between different ideas.
What do critical thinking skills interview questions test?
Job positions to use critical thinking skills questions for
What are some common examples of critical thinking skills interview questions?
- How quickly do you make decisions? How do you do it? Do you prefer thinking things through carefully before making a decision?
- What was the most difficult decision you had to make at work? What was it about? What was the outcome?
- Give me an example of a situation when your colleague presented you a new idea that was odd or unusual. What did you do?
- Give me an example of a time you discovered that your boss made a mistake. What did you do? What was the outcome?
- Please describe a situation in which you had to make a critical choice based on incomplete data. How did you do it?
Looking for more questions to ask your candidates in an interview?
Browse our list of interview questions by type and make sure to check out our Complete guide for asking candidates the best interview questions. 🙂
A Relationship First Approach to Hiring on LinkedIn
6 Things to Think About Before Hiring Remote Employees
Which Marketing Channel is Best for Recruitment in 2020?
Culture & People
The Importance of Building a Great Company Culture