Cabin Crew Interview Questions
The goal of a successful interview for Cabin Crew is to assess the candidate's ability to provide excellent customer service, handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently, and work effectively as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Want to Unlock the Secrets of Job Interviews?
Conducting job interviews is a critical task that requires preparation, structure, and a clear understanding of what you are looking for in a candidate. Here's a guide to help you navigate this process effectivelyDownload Your Guide Now and Start Hiring Smarter!
Situational interview questions
- Situational question: You are in the middle of serving food and drinks in a long-haul flight when a passenger suddenly chokes on a piece of food. How would you respond to this emergency situation?
- Situational question: You are working on a flight and the plane experiences turbulence causing a passenger to panic and become aggressive. How would you calm the passenger down and ensure the safety of everyone on board?
- Situational question: During the pre-flight safety demonstration, a passenger makes a remark to you that they have a severe peanut allergy. Unfortunately, the airline doesn't offer any peanut-free snacks on board. What would you do to ensure the safety of the passenger during the flight?
- Situational question: While conducting pre-flight safety checks, you notice a technical problem with one of the cabin doors. How would you handle the situation and ensure the safety of everyone on board?
- Situational question: You are working on a flight and there is a medical emergency involving a passenger who appears to be having a heart attack. What steps would you take to handle the situation and ensure the safety of everyone on board?
Soft skills interview questions
- How do you handle difficult passengers, especially those who are upset or frustrated?
- Give an example of a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.
- How do you prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively when there are many things happening at once?
- Describe a situation when you had to communicate effectively in order to resolve a problem.
- How do you maintain a positive and friendly attitude with both customers and colleagues, even in challenging situations?
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you handle emergency situations on board a plane?
- Can you explain the safety equipment used on planes and how they are used?
- What is your understanding of the different classes of service offered on a flight, and what is expected of you in each class?
- Can you describe your knowledge of catering on a flight, including dietary restrictions, food handling, and preparation?
- How do you manage communication with passengers whose first language is not English?
STAR interview questions1. Could you describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult passenger as a Cabin Crew member? What was your task in that situation, and what action did you take to address the issue? What was the result of your actions?
2. Can you walk us through a time when you had to handle an emergency situation on board as a Cabin Crew member? What was your task in that situation, and what action did you take to address the emergency? What was the result of your actions?
3. Could you tell us about a time when you faced a challenging situation while working as a Cabin Crew member, but your prompt and efficient action saved the day? What was your task in that situation, and what action did you take to overcome the challenge? What was the result of your actions?
4. Can you narrate an example of how you have provided exceptional customer service as a Cabin Crew member, whether it be creating a specialized menu based on a passenger's request, or finding a lost belonging for a passenger? What was your task in that situation, and what action did you take to exceed expectations? What was the result of your actions?
5. Could you tell us about an instance in which your teamwork skills have shined while working as a Cabin Crew member? What was the situation, and what was each member's task? What action did you take, and what result did it have on the team's efficiency and success?