How many of you have dreamt about working for Google? I have! But how competitive it is to get there? Very! Google is a leading IT company that always looks for the best talent out there. However, getting through the whole hiring process and all the interviews is extremely hard. Google interview questions are known to be one of the toughest.
The List of Hardest Google Interview Questions
Here are some of the toughest interview questions asked at Google:
➡️ Download The Ultimate Candidate Interview & Employee Onboarding Checklist!
- Question for a Software Engineer : Implement a binary tree and explain it’s function.
- Question for an Associate Product Manager : What is the marginal cost of a gigabyte in Gmail?
- Question for a Software Engineer : Create a cost model that allows Google to make purchasing decisions on to compare the cost of purchasing more RAM memory for their servers vs. buying more disk space.
- Question for a Software Engineer : Write an iterator over multiple collections.
- Question for a Software Engineer : How do you check if a URL is bad really fast in Google server. (The point is for the user not to notice the lag in the checking)
- Question for a Senior Software Engineer : Develop a solution to convex hull and state its complexity.
- Question for a Senior Software Engineer : How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
- Question for an Engineer : If you were given the land prices in the Bay Area, what would you pick, the mean or the median? Why?
- Question for a Product Manager : What happens from the point when you type in a URL in your browser to the point the page gets displayed?
- Question for a Product Manager : If you host a celebrity website which displays ads and suddenly notice a drop in traffic to your site/clicks on ads, how do you root cause the issue?
- Question for an AdSense Account Manager : What is the next billion dollar idea for Google?
- Question for a Programmer : How would you implement an MS Paint clone? (What objects and methods would you need, how would they draw on the canvas, and what UI elements would be necessary?)
- Question for a Patent Docketing Specialist : You have 7 balls. One weighs more than the others (not significantly) (You have a scale, like the scales of justice. Describe how to find the weighted ball only using the scale twice.)
- Question for a Product Manager : If you have a vacant field and add one flower and the number of flowers doubles every day and at the end of 45 days, the field is full, on what day is the field half full?
- Question for a Rich Media Campaign Manager : How many people do you think are using their cell phone in the entire world at this very moment?
- Question for Mobile Product Manager : Do you know what “Peak Oil” is? Yes? good. You are the product manager of Peak Oil for Google. What do you do?
- Question for a Software Engineer : Design a system or algorithm to catalog all of the worlds books?
- Question for AdWords Representative : How many buses are there in Hyderabad?
- Question for Senior Software Engineer : Write a probability formula to tell how many bits will be changed when 1 is added to a 32 bit binary number.
- Question for Industry Leader : How do you think Media Agencies make money?
Can YOU answer these Google's hardest interview questions?
If you need help forming your own interview questions, we have created an easy to use interview question templates and job description templates.