Truck Driver job profile
Truck Drivers are responsible for driving company's commercial vehicles for a variety of purposes. In addition, they must be able to keep a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment.
In order to attract Truck Driver that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Truck Driver job description.
Truck Driver job description
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Truck Driver to join our company! As a Truck Driver, you will be responsible for delivering to our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
Truck Driver duties and responsibilities
- Transport finished goods and raw materials
- Plan and manage distribution to manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items
- Inspect for safety issues
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Plan best route options
- Plan and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log your work expenses
- Comply with rules and regulations
- Collect, analyze and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Truck Driver requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Truck Driver
- X years of experience with electronic equipment and software such as GPS, AVL units or CB
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Good knowledge of truck driving rules and regulations
- No driving violations
- Willing to submit to background and drug checks on a regular basis
- Trucking school diploma
- Current truck driving licence
Use this Truck Driver job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards