Problem solving interview questions are used to identify, test and measure candidate’s approach to difficult and unusual situations. Hiring candidates with strong problem solving skills can be hugely beneficial for your company, so you need to assess their problem solving skills carefully.
What do problem solving interview questions test?
Job positions to use problem solving questions for
What are some common examples of problem solving interview questions?
- What was the most stressful situation you faced at work? How did you handle it?
- Describe a situation at work when you were faced with a problem you could not solve. What did you do?
- Are you the type of person who will always try to solve the problem on your own before asking for help?
- Describe a time when you used a creative solution to tackle some job-related problem.
- How do you cope when you face a challenge you’ve never previously experienced?
- Give us an example of a situation when you realized that you won’t be able to meet the set deadline. What did you do?
- How do you build a troubleshooting process?
- In your opinion, what makes you a great problem solver?
- What do you do in a situation when you cannot seem to find the right solution to a problem?
- When you are faced with an urgent problem, how do you react? Are you the type of person who jumps right into solving problem, or do you first carefully assess the situation?
Looking for more questions to ask your candidates in an interview?
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!