Communication skills interview questions are used to test and measure candidate’s ability to communicate properly with different people in different situations. Communications questions should be on every interviewer’s interview questions list because the ability to communicate properly is necessary not only for being more productive but also for creating a healthy and happy workplace.
What do communication skills interview questions test?
Job positions to use communication skills questions for
What are some common examples of communication skills interview questions?
Here are some of the best communication questions examples:
- How would you explain a complex technical problem to someone without technical expertise, who doesn't understand technical terminology? Use the term [insert appropriate term] as an example.
- Please name five things about the communication within an organization that must be present so you can give your best and work most effectively?
- If you had to choose between being a good listener or a good communicator, what would be your choice? Please explain your answer.
- Tell me about the time you had to give a presentation to a group of people with no preparation? What was the main difficulty you experienced? How did you handle that?
- Describe a situation when team members on a project you were working on disagreed with your ideas. What did you do?
- Describe a situation where you needed to work with a client or customer who was very different from you. How was that for you? How did you approach that situation?
- What is a constructive criticism for you? What kind of critique would help you improve and do a better job next time?
- How do you prefer to communicate? In person? Over the phone? Via email or messages? Please explain your preferred choice.
- What would you do if you there was a breakdown in communication at work?
- Have you ever faced some obstacles or difficulties in communicating your ideas to a manager? What happened? How did you handle that?
- Who do you have the best communication with?
- Imagine having a colleague you don’t get along with, but you need his/her help on a project you are responsible for. How would you handle this situation? Would you approach this colleague and ask for help? How would you do it? Would you try to get help in some other way?
Looking for more questions to ask your candidates in an interview?
Top 20 Recruitment Challenges to Tackle in 2020
Mobile Recruitment: Smart Recruiting Through Smartphones
Recruitment Marketing and Talent CRM: Tools for Ambitious HR Teams
Culture & People
12 Most Popular Hard Work Quotes