Analytical skills interview questions are used to test and measure candidate’s ability to think logically and analyze data. Use them to find out how candidates react in uncommon and complicated situations.
What do analytical skills interview questions test?Analytical skills interview questions are used to test and measure candidate’s ability to think logically, evaluate advantages and disadvantages and to break down and analyze data.
Analytical skills are very valuable and useful for finding and identifying problems and bottlenecks in your business process.
Job positions to use analytical skills questions forAlmost every position requires analytical skills to some extent, but in certain positions such as Finance, Investment Analyst, Marketing Strategist, Business Analyst or Operations Manager analytical skills are used on a daily basis, and candidates without them would be unable to do their jobs properly.
What are some common examples of analytical skills interview questions?
- Describe a project or situation where you successfully demonstrated your analytical abilities.
- When you are faced with a problem, what do you do? Describe the steps in your problem-solving approach.
- Give me an example of a situation when you took a risk to achieve a goal. What was the outcome?
- In your experience, would you say that developing and using a detailed procedure was always necessary for your job?
- Imagine a situation in which your one of your colleagues wants to solve a problem in a certain way, but the other colleague has a totally different approach in mind. They come to you asking for a help in deciding on the right approach. What do you do?
- How do you compare and weigh pros and cons before making a decision?
Looking for more questions to ask your candidates in an interview?
Browse our list of interview questions by type and make sure to check out our Complete guide for asking candidates the best interview questions. 🙂
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!