Senior DevOps Engineer job description template
This Senior DevOps Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Senior DevOps Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Senior DevOps Engineer job profile
Senior DevOps Engineers usually work closely with Software Engineers to help them deploy and operate different systems. Ina ddition, they help to automate and streamline company's operations and processes.
In order to attract Senior DevOps Engineer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Senior DevOps Engineer job description.
Senior DevOps Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior DevOps Engineer. As our new Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be in charge of the specification and documentation of the new project features. In addition, you will be developing new features and writing scripts for automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
Senior DevOps Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Understand how various systems work
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
Senior DevOps Engineer requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- X years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- X years of hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- X years of hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills