Cultural fit interview questions are used to single out candidates whose values, beliefs and behavior fit in with your company’s culture. For your team’s and company’s best interest, always make sure to ask a set of questions that will help you see if the candidate is culturally a good fit for the company.
What do cultural fit interview questions test?
Job positions to use cultural fit questions for
What are some common examples of cultural fit interview questions?
- Describe the type of work environment in which you can really give your best and be most productive.
- Did you become a really good friend with any of your colleagues at your previous (or current) workplace? What do you think about having close relationships with your coworkers? Is this a good or a bad practice?
- Describe a situation where your colleagues disagreed with your ideas. What did you do?
- Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team? Please explain your answer.
- What is your opinion about taking work home with you? Do you usually take your work home? Is it a good practice in your opinion?
- Name three things that you like the most about our company.
- Describe a challenging situation you have faced recently at work, and how you tackled it.
- What are you passionate about?
- What does your ideal work day look like?
- What are, in your opinion, the key ingredients in maintaining successful business relationships?
- Tell me about the most stressful situation you faced at work. What happened? How did you handle it?
Looking for more questions to ask your candidates in an interview?
Recruitment Marketing Tips: 11 Recruitment Content Ideas
Culture & People
How to Motivate High Performing Employees?
Recruitment Content for Every Step of Candidate Journey
Candidate Journey Mapping: Step-by-Step Guide