Culture & People
➡️ If you want to more successfully recruit and hire people in hospitality, check out our new Guide for Recruiting Professionals in Hospitality and Tourism.
➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Restaurant Manager job description template
This Restaurant Manager job description template will help you save time, optimize your job ads for SEO and attract qualified candidates.
In order to attract Restaurant Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Restaurant Manager job description.
Restaurant Manager job profile
Restaurant Manager are responsible for leading and managing restaurants. They may be responsible for different tasks such as restaurant marketing strategies, recruiting and hiring restaurant staff, training, overseeing food quality, developing menus as well as greeting and serving restaurant guests.
Restaurant Manager job description: Intro
Restaurant Manager job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to Restaurant Manager job description may look like:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Restaurant Manager to join our team. As a Restaurant Manager, you will overtake a variety of responsibilities and duties such as restaurant marketing strategies, recruiting and hiring restaurant staff, training, overseeing food quality, developing menus as well as greeting and serving restaurant guests.
Restaurant Manager job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Restaurant Manager job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the entire restaurant operation
- Deliver superior guest services
- Ensuring guest satisfaction
- Plan and develop guest loyalty programs
- Plan new and update existing menus
- Plan and develop the overall restaurant marketing strategy
- Participate at local food events
- Respond efficiently to customer questions and complaints
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Manage and lead staff
- Hire new employees
- Training and evaluate staff performance
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Manage restaurant supplies
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective actions
- Implement innovative strategies to improve productivity and sales
Restaurant Manager job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Restaurant Manager job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as a Restaurant Manager or similar role
- X years of experience customer service management
- Extensive food and wine knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Experience in event planning
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Good financial management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skill s
- Culinary school diploma or BS degree in Business Administration
Looking for more job descriptions beside Restaurant Manager job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Restaurant Manager job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Traffic Acquisition Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Game Developer
- Insurance Sales Representative
- Unity or Unity3D Developer
- Ruby on Rails Developer
- Costume Designer
- Market Research Analyst
- Auto Mechanic
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Database Developer
- Business Analyst
- Dietary Aide
- Help Desk Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
- System Security Expert
- Application Developer
- Data Entry Operator
- Web Designer
- Registered Nurse
- Administration Manager
- Blog Manager
How to Find and Hire a Full Stack Developer?
TalentLyft’s New Indeed Integration Boosts Job Visibility and Analytics
Best of HR Blogs: June 2019
How to Assess Candidates in a Job Interview?